The Canada Labour Code, Part II ("the Code") governs the health and safety of employees in the federal jurisdiction. Managers and supervisors are responsible to carry out the duties of the employer in the work areas that they manage. Through case studies and examples, this course will give participants a basic understanding of the requirements and application of the Code.
- Internal Responsibility System and due diligence
- rights, duties and responsibilities of employers, employees, committees and representatives
- workplace inspections and investigations
- resolving complaints and work refusals
- enforcement and criminal liability