The Government of Canada has placed a high priority on data and our collective ability to understand, communicate and work with data. This online self-paced course presents a series of activities designed to introduce data concepts and terminology and explore the characteristics of data-driven organizations. Participants will reflect on their personal and organizational data challenges and strategies and discuss changing expectations of Canadians for open government data.
- applying commonly used data terms and concepts
- describing the data journey
- discussing why data skills are so important
- reflecting on personal data challenges
- explaining how the Government of Canada uses data
This course sets the foundations for the new and expanding Discover Series.
This course is a prerequisite for The Role of Data in Digital Government (I511).