Federal materiel assets are vital corporate resources that support the delivery of government programs. This introductory course for materiel management specialists presents the basics about the functional areas of materiel management, and how individual roles link together to support the cost-effective and efficient management of materiel assets. Participants will learn how federal policies, including those related to life-cycle asset management, are integrated into each functional area.
- complying with regulations and policies
- understanding roles and responsibilities when managing assets
- managing materiel throughout all stages of its life cycle
- monitoring the delivery of goods and services
- tracking assets and controlling public property records
This course is recognized by the Certification Program for the Federal Government Procurement and Materiel Management Communities, which is managed by the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat. To learn more about the certification program, consult the Acquired Services and Assets Sector Communities Management Office (ASAS CMO) on GCpedia.