Executive Leadership Development Program for EX-01 to EX-03
The Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP) provides targeted development opportunities for executives at EX-01 to EX-03 level. The ELDP is a nomination based program with participants identified through the talent management process. The program supports the development of dynamic, high-performing leaders to meet the needs of the federal public service. Participants are supported by mentors as they deepen their personal leadership style in a trusted and well-integrated community of their peers. Through interactive and experiential learning, participants are challenged to broaden their perspectives on leadership through greater self-awareness, fostering collaboration and exploring the importance of modern government in a rapidly changing world. Participants examine real-world issues and learn from subject matter experts and senior leaders who share best practices and diverse experiences.
On this page
About the program
During this cohort-based program, participants will:
- Meet leaders and experts from various sectors (federal, provincial/territorial, municipal, non-governmental organizations, academic and private sectors, etc.)
- Expand their knowledge of Canada and the international context
- Have access to a collaborative, broadened and diversified professional network
- Increase their understanding of key leadership competencies, cultural connectedness and their own self-awareness
- Travel within Canada, for a one-week study tour, to explore regional challenges and opportunities faced by various stakeholders (subject to public health requirements)
The Executive Leadership Development Program - EX-01 to EX-03 requires a commitment of approximately 24 days of learning, spread out over 10 months. The program includes:
- 17 days of group learning modules
- 2 days of Action Learning, a process that involves a small group working on real problems, taking action, and learning while doing
- Approximately 5 days allocated for individual learning activities including psychometric assessments, meetings with a mentor, and other activities that may vary by cohort.
Overview of Group Learning Modules
- Module 1: Program Launch: 2 days
- Module 2: Leadership: Journey from Awareness to Action: 3 days
- Module 3: Leading a Modern Digital Government: 3 days
- Module 4: Leading Horizontally: Broadening Perspective 3 days
- Module 5: Spotlight on Canada: 4 days (not including travel time)
- Module 6: Graduation and Closing: 2 days
The selection of participants is managed by the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer. For more information please visit The Executive Leadership Development Programs (ELDP) - Canada.ca.
- Date modified: