As part of the Best Practices Forum on Official Languages, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat and the Canada School of Public Service present a discussion on improving, maintaining or acquiring new skills in your second language.
In this session, panellists will introduce different approaches to language learning that have been implemented across Canada. They will share tips, lessons learned and anecdotes about learning and practising a second language in the workplace.
The Best Practices Forum on Official Languages will be held virtually from February 7 to 11, 2022. It brings together official languages champions with persons responsible for official languages and those responsible for coordinating section 41 of the Official Languages Act. All public service employees are welcome to attend.
Find out more about the Forum's planned activities on the GCwiki page.
Best Practices Forum on Official Languages: Official Languages in Evolution
Guest of Honour
Christine Donoghue, Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Brigitte Gibson, Regional Director General, Prairie and Northern Region, Canadian Heritage, and Official Languages Champion, Prairie Federal Council
- William Eric Sinden, Director – Learning Services Delivery, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Jérémie Séror, PhD, Director and Associate Dean, Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute, University of Ottawa
- Blair Laugher, Director, Learning, Official Languages and Community Development Services, Human Resources Division, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Janvier Roy-Perron, Manager, Official Languages and Linguistic Services, Human Resources Division, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Carsten Quell, Executive Director, Official Languages Centre of Excellence, Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat