Anxious? Stressed? Depressed? No matter how COVID-19 has you feeling, this Mental Health Week, you're invited to #GetReal about how you feel by naming, not numbing, your emotions.
Our expert panel will tackle the topic of Canadians' increased alcohol consumption and substance use in coping with their mental distress during the pandemic and how these challenges may manifest themselves in the workplace.
Join us for this national conversation on mental health and substance use and learn about:
- drivers that can lead to substance use and addiction
- signs that someone may be struggling with substance use
- starting and sustaining the conversation to encourage help-seeking behaviour
- suggesting healthier coping mechanisms and referring to the right resources
- and much more!
Presented by the Centre of Expertise on Mental Health in the Workplace and the Canada School of Public Service, in collaboration with the Canadian Mental Health Association.
- Katherine Coons, National Workplace Mental Health Specialist, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Dr. Hayley Hamilton, Senior Scientist, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Catherine Paradis, Senior Research and Policy Analyst, Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Becca Atkinson, The Unashamed Alcoholic podcast host and member of our Federal Speakers' Bureau on Mental Health
Vincent Houle, Ombud, Director, Ethics and Organizational Well-Being, Canada School of Public Service