In November 2020, the Canada School of Public Service partnered with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, the Project Management Institute, and the Investment Planning and Project Management Community of Practice for the third annual learning day for the Government of Canada's project management community.
The theme, "Positioning the Government of Canada to Deliver Value in a COVID-19 Context," offered project managers, leaders and teams an opportunity to build their knowledge and skills so that they can effectively deliver projects in a rapidly changing public sector context.
Revisit the conversation to learn more about:
- leading projects during a global pandemic
- managing projects in a digital government
- realizing important social benefits through effective project leadership
Participants will be eligible for Professional Development Units (PDUs) to support the maintenance of their Project Management Institute professional certifications.
- Sunil Prashara, President and Chief Executive Officer, Project Management Institute
- Lisa Campbell, President, Canadian Space Agency
- Taki Sarantakis, President, Canada School of Public Service
- Olivier Lazar, Vice-President for Strategic Alliances, Societal Impact and Youth Engagement, Project Management Institute
- Sunil Johal, Director, Economic Support and Recovery (COVID-19), City of Toronto
- Kathleen Owens, Assistant Comptroller General, Acquired Services and Assets, Office of the Comptroller General, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Bertrand Lalonde, Co-Chair, Investment Planning and Project Management Community of Practice, and Senior Director, Investment and Performance Management, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Eric Thibeault, Co-Chair, Investment Planning and Project Management Community of Practice and Enterprise Project Management Office Manager, Programs and Integrated Planning, Canadian Space Agency
- Melanie Winzer, Executive Director, Programs and Integrated Planning, Canadian Space Agency