Universities play a multifaceted role in society. They advance research and stimulate debate, contribute to economic growth and social development, and equip graduates to thrive in the workforce of the future.
There are many challenges and opportunities ahead: technological advancements give rise to new and accessible education models, competition for funding and top talent intensifies, and on campuses there are more and more calls for greater equity, diversity and inclusion.
Universities have a generational opportunity to reimagine the role and purpose of higher education in a post-COVID world.
Join us for a discussion on the future of higher education with Dr. Deep Saini, President of Dalhousie University, and Dr. Suzanne Fortier, Principal of McGill University. Topics will include:
- the role of universities in Canada's economy and society
- how universities responded to the pandemic and what this revealed about their readiness to face the future
- the key opportunities and challenges for universities over the next decade and how they plan to meet them
Video: CSPS Virtual Café Series: How Canada's Universities Are Mapping the Future
Learn more about the CSPS Virtual Café Series.
- Deep Saini, President and Vice-Chancellor, Dalhousie University
- Suzanne Fortier, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, McGill University
Taki Sarantakis, President, Canada School of Public Service